It was found that the effectiveness of the composite (triazole + phenylpyrrole + succinate dehydrogenase inhibitor + insecticide) Vibrans Integral for seed treatment may depend on the content of nutrients in the treatment solution. In laboratory and field conditions it was tested pre-sowing treatment of seeds of winter wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) variety Podolyanka compositions of Vibrans Integral, 2.0 l/t with inorganic fertilizers: monopotassium phosphate, calcium nitrate, magnesium sulfate, and Brexil Mix on plant development at the beginning of the growing season. On the 5th day, a retardant effect of a high dose of Vibrans Integral was detected, probably due to the action of Tebuconazole. It was found that the addition of fertilizers with low ash index (calcium nitrate, Brexil Mix) has no phytotoxicity to seedlings, stimulates development of the root system of wheat and helps to weaken the retardant effect of Vibrans integral. Pre-sowing treatment of seeds with nutrients did not significantly affect the mass of the dry root system of wheat and increased the aboveground mass of seedlings by 6.5—24.5%. No retardant activity of the disinfectant in the BBCH12 phase was observed. Seeds treatment with a pesticide + Ca(NO3)2, (1.0 kg/t) or Brexil mix, (0.5 kg/t), contributed to the increase of wheat germination levels and the dry weight of roots by 19.1 and 25.6 %, respectively, and aboveground part of seedlings by 26 %, compared with the control. In the field, treatment of winter wheat with Vibrans Integral contributed to a significant reduction in the level of damage to seedlings by root rot. Seed treatment with pesticide + nutrients compositions did not significantly affect the level of disease control. The use of calcium nitrate and Brexil Mix in a mixture with the disinfectant did not reduce the effectiveness of root rot control at the beginning of the growing season. The presence of Fusarium graminearum on the seedlings of winter wheat was observed in almost all periods of field research, except for the dry autumn of 2019. The obtained results are important for the improvement of winter wheat protection and nutrition systems, counteraction to the formation of pathogens resistance, and increase of winter wheat productivity.
Keywords: Triticum aestivum L., Fusarium graminearum L., fungicides, nutrition, diseases, efficiency
Full text and supplemented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. Morgun, V.V., Schwartau, V.V. & Kiriziy, D.A. (2010). Physiological fundamentals of grain cereals high productivity forming. Fiziologiya i biokchimiya kult. rasteniy, 4, No. 5, pp. 371-392 [in Russian].
2. Sharma, K.K., Singh, U.S., Sharma, P., Kumar, A. & Sharma, L. (2015). Seed treatments for sustainable agriculture - a review. J. Appl. & Nat. Sci., 7, No. 1, pp. 521-539. https://doi.org/10.31018/jans.v7i1.641
3. Kitchen, J.L., van den Bosch, F., Paveley, N.D., Helps, J. & van den Berg, F. (2016). The evolution of fungicide resistance resulting from combinations of foliar-acting systemic seed treatments and foliar-applied fungicides: a modeling analysis. PLoS One, 11, No. 8, pp. e0161887. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0161887
4. Kilani, J. & Fillinger, S. (2016). Phenylpyrroles: 30 Years, Two Molecules and (Nearly) No Resistance. Front. Microbiol., 7, p. 2014. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmicb.2016.02014
5. Price, C.L., Parker, J.E., Warrilow, A.G., Kelly, D.E. & Kelly, S.L. (2015). Azole fungicides - understanding resistance mechanisms in agricultural fungal pathogens: Mode of action and resistance mechanisms to azole fungicides. Pest. Manag. Sci., 71, No. 8, pp. 1054-1058. https://doi.org/10.1002/ps.4029
6. Dal Cortivo, C., Conselvan, G.B., Carletti, P., Barion, G., Sella, L. & Vamerali, T. (2017). Biostimulant effects of seed-applied sedaxane fungicide: morphological and physiological changes in maize seedlings. Front. Plant Sci., 8, p. 2072. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpls.2017.02072
7. Ajigboye, O.O., Lu, C., Murchie, E.H., Schlatter, C., Swart, G. & Ray, R.V. (2016). Altered gene expression by sedaxane increases PSII efficiency, photosynthesis and growth and improves tolerance to drought in wheat seedlings. Pestic. Biochem. Physiol., 137, pp. 49-61. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pestbp.2016.09.008
8. Zeun, R., Scalliet, G. & Oostendorp, M. (2013). Biological activity of sedaxane - a novel broad-spectrum fungicide for seed treatment. Pest. Manag. Sci., 69, pp. 527-534. https://doi.org/10.1002/ps.3405
9. Abdourahime, H., Anastassiadou, M., Brancato, A., Brocca, D., Cabrera, L. C., De Lentdecker, Ch., Ferreira, L., Greco, L., Jarrah, S., Kardassi, D., Leuschner, R., Lostia, A., Lythgo, Ch., Medina, P., Miron, I., Molnar, T., Nave, S., Pedersen, R., Raczyk, M., Reich, H., Ruocco, S., Sacchi, A., Santos, M., Stanek, A., Sturma, J., Tarazona, J., Theobald, A., Vagenende, B., Verani, A. & Villamar-Bouza, L. (2019). Review of the existing maximum residue levels for sedaxane according to Article 12 of Regulation (EC) No. 396/2005. EFSA Journal, 17, No. 1, pp. 1-42. https://doi.org/10.2903/j.efsa.2019.5544
10. Barchietto, T., Prevot, C., Rambach, O., Petit, M., Seng, J. M. & Schlatter, C. (2012). Sedaxane: towards a new concept in plant protection? Phytoma, 653, pp. 7-10.
11. Karpets, Yu.V., Kolupaev, Yu.E., Yastreb, T.O., Lugovaya, G.A. & Zayarnaya, E.Yu. (2016). Influence of fungicide sedaxane on resistance of wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) plants of various ecotypes to soil drought. Visn. Kharkiv. nat. agrarian un-tu. Ser. Biology, 1, No. 37, pp. 103-110 [in Russian].
12. Shkliarevsky, M.A., Yastreb, T.O., Shvidenko, M.V., Lugova, G.A., Karpets, Yu.V. & Kolupaev, Yu.E. (2019). Influence of sedaxane on state of antioxidative and Osmoprotective systems of corn seedlings under conditions of Salt stress. Fiziol. rast. genet., 51, No. 5, pp. 425-435. [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15407/frg2019.05.425
13. Farooq, M., Wahid A. & Siddique, K.H.M. (2012). Micronutrient application through seed treatments - a review. J. Soil Sci. Plant Nutr., 12, No. 1, pp. 125-142 https://doi.org/10.4067/S0718-95162012000100011
14. Mondal, S. & Bose, B. (2019). Impact of micronutrient seed priming on germination, growth, development, nutritional status and yield aspects of plants. Journal of Plant Nutrition, 42, No. 19, pp. 2577-2599. https://doi.org/10.1080/01904167.2019.1655032
15. DSTU 2240-93 Seeds of agricultural crops. Varietal and sowing quality. Specifications. 01.07.1994 [in Ukrainian].
16. Schwartau, V.V., Zozulia, O.L., Mykhalska, L.M. & Sanin, O.Yu. (2019). Influence of fungicides compositions on the effectiveness of controlling Fusarium species and winter wheat performance. Karantyn i zakhyst roslyn, № 7-8, pp. 23-28 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.36495/2312-0614.2019.7-8.23-28
17. Mykhalska, L.M., Zozulia, O.L., Hrytsev, O.A., Sanin, O.Yu. & Schwartau V.V. (2019). Distribution of species of Fusarium and Alternaria genera on cereals in Ukraine. Biosystems Diversity, 27, No. 2, pp.186-191. https://doi.org/10.15421/011925