The effects of microelements complex chelated by carboxylic acids on the chlorophyll content in leaves, leaves area index and chlorophyll index of high-yielding winter wheat crops at the stage of milky-wax ripeness, and yield were studied in the field experiments. The high correlation coefficient between yield and chlorophyll index of crops at the stage of milky-wax ripeness (r = 0,96±0,08) evidenced that the maintenance of crops photosynthetic apparatus activity during the later stages of ontogeny contributed to increasing grain productivity. The positive effect of micronutrient complex treatments on yield was established: the average yield increase for 4 varieties studied under different weather conditions was 6.5 % relative to control. Therewith, the yield gains by 0,55—0,80 t/ha were obtained for most varieties at relatively high values of crop yields (8,5—11,2 t/ha).
Keywords: Triticum aestivum L., chelated micronutrient, photosynthetic pigments, activity of photosynthetic apparatus, yield
Full text and suplimented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. Bityutskiy, N.P. (2011). Trace elements of higher plants. Sankt-Peterburg: Izd-vo SPb. universiteta [in Russian].
2. Dospehov, B.A. (1973). The methods of field experiment. Moskva: Kolos [in Russian].
3. Kots, S.Ya. & Peterson, N.V. (2009). Mineral elements and fertilizers in plant nutrition. Kyiv: Logos [in Ukrainian].
4. Medvedev, V.V., Slovinska-Yurkevich, A. & Brik, M. (2012). Physical soil degradation, its diagnosis, areas of distribution and ways to prevent. Gruntoznavstvo, 13, No. 1-2, pp. 5-22 [in Russian].
5. Morgun, V.V. & Priadkina, G.A. (2014). Efficiency of photosynthesis and the prospects to increase of winter wheat productivity. Fiziol. rast. genet., 46, No. 4, pp. 279-301 [in Russian].
6. National report "Soil fertility in Ukraine". (2013). http://www.iogu.gov.ua/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/stan_gruntiv.pdf [in Ukrainian].
7. Tarchevskiy, I.A. & Andrianova, Yu.E. (1980). The content of pigments as an indicator of the power of development of the wheat photosynthetic apparatus. Fiziologiya rasteniy, 27, No. 2, pp. 341-347 [in Russian].
8. Fedotova, L.S., Tuchin, S.S, Egorenko, S.A. & Gordeev, R.V. (2008). The effectiveness of chelates micronutrients. Kartofel i ovoschi, No. 3, pp. 8-9 [in Russian].
9. Pat. 37412 UA, IPC: B01J 2/02. Method of obtaining environmentally friendly nanoparticles of electrically conductive materials "Electro-pulsed ablation", Kosinov, M.V., Kaplunenko V.G. Publ. 25.11.2008 [in Ukrainian].
10. Pat. 38391 UA, IPC: C07C 51/41, C07F 5/00, C07F 15/00, C07C 53/126, C07C 53/10, A23L 1/00, B82B 3/00. Method of obtaining metal carboxylates "Nanotechnology for the production of metal carboxylates", Kosinov, M.V., Kaplunenko V.G. Publ. 12.01.2009 [in Ukrainian].
11. Shanker, A.K. & Shanker, Ch. (Eds.). (2016). Abiotic and biotic stress in plants: Recent advances and future perspectives. IntechOpen. https://doi.org/10.5772/60477
12. Davarpanah, S., Tehranifar, A., Davarynejad, G., Abadía, J. & Khorasani, R. (2016). Effects of foliar applications of zinc and boron nano-fertilizers on pomegranate (Punica granatum cv. Ardestani) fruit yield and quality. Sci. Hort., 210, pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scienta.2016.07.003
13. Fernandez, V., Sotiropoulos, T. & Braun, P. (2013). Foliar fertilization. Scientific principles and field practices. Paris: International Fertilizer Industry Association.
14. Mengel, K. & Kirkby, E.A. (2001). Principles of plant nutrition. Dordrecht: Kluwer Acad. Publ. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-010-1009-2
15. Rahimizadeh, M., Habibi, D., Madani, H. & Mohammad, G.N. (2007). The effect of micronutrients on antioxidant enzymes metabolism in sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) under drought stress. HELIA, 30, No. 47, pp. 167-174. https://doi.org/10.2298/HEL0747167R
16. Sadak, M.Sh. & Orabi, S.A. (2015). Improving thermo tolerance of wheat plant by foliar application of citric acid or oxalic acid. Int. J. Chem Tech. Res., 8, No. 1, pp. 333-345.
17. Sharma, C.P. (2006). Plant micronutrients: roles, responses, and amelioration of deficiencies. Science Publishers. https://doi.org/10.1201/9781482280425
18. Subramanian, K.S., Manikandan, A., Thirunavukkarasu, M. & Rahale, Ch. Sh. (2015). Nano-fertilizers for balanced crop nutrition. In Nanotechnologies in Food and Agriculture (pp. 69-80). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-14024-7_3
19. Van Lynden, G.W.J. (2000). Soil degradation in Central and Eastern Europe. The assessment of the status of human-induced soil degradation. Rome, FAO&ISRIC, 39 p.
20. Waraich, A.E., Ahmad, R., Saifullah, Ashraf, M.Y. & Ehsanullah. (2011). Role of mineral nutrition in alleviation of drought stress in plants. Australian J. Crop. Sci., No. 5(6), pp. 764-777. https://doi.org/10.1080/01904167.2013.868480
21. Wellburn, A.P. (1994). The spectral determination of chlorophyll a and b, as well as carotenoids using various solvents with spectrophotometers of different resolution. J. Plant Physiol., 144, No. 3, pp. 307-313. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0176-1617(11)81192-2