Influence of salicylic acid on organogenesis of in vitro plants Fragaria ananassa Duch. have been investigated. Addition of salicylic acid to the nutrient medium at the concentration of 25 mg/l accelerates shoot formation and increases the area of lamina. TLC method has shown specific compounds which synthesized under the influence of salicylic acid and do not occurred in the control. It was demonstrated that under the influence of salicylic acid occur changes of secondary metabolism, which are accompanied by the synthesis of biologically active compounds with the properties of growth regulators.
Keywords: Fragaria ananassa Duch., salicylic acid, organogenesis, in vitro
Full text and supplemented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. Volyinets, A.P. (2013). Phenolic compounds in plant activity. Minsk: Belaruskaya navuka [in Russian].
2. Kolupaev, Yu.E. & Yastreb, T.O. (2013). Stress-protective effects of salicylic acid and its structural analogues. Fiziologia i biokhimia kult. rastenij, 45, No. 2, pp. 113-125 [in Russian].
3. Molodchenkova, O.O. (2001). Estimated functions of salicylic acid in plants. Fiziologia i biokhimia kult. rastenij, 33, No. 6, pp. 463-474 [in Russian].
4. Plotnikova, L.Ya. & Shtubey, T.Yu. (2009). Influence of salicylic and succinic acids on phytophysiological reactions of wheat infected with brown rust. Cytology, 51 (1), pp. 41-50 [in Russian].
5. Tarchevskiy, I.A. (Eds).(2002). Plant cell signaling systems. Moscow: Nauka [in Russian].
6. Abdul Rashid, War, Michael Gabriel, Paulraj, Mohd Yousf, War & Savarimuthu, Ignacimuthu. (2011). Role of salicylic acid in induction of plant defense system in chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Plant Signaling & Behavior, No. 6:11, pp. 1787-1792. https://doi.org/10.4161/psb.6.11.17685
7. Alfonso, Larque-Saavedra & Rodolfo, Martin-Mex. (2007). Effects of salicylic acid on the bioproductivity of plants. Salicylic Acid - a Plant Hormone. Springer-Verlag, pp. 15-24. https://doi.org/10.1007/1-4020-5184-0_2
8. Chen, Z., Zheng, Z., Huang, J., Lai, Z. & Fan, B. (2009). Biosynthesis of salicylic acid in plants. Plant Signaling Behavior, No. 4, pp. 493-496. https://doi.org/10.4161/psb.4.6.8392
9. Chuanfu, An & Zhonglin, Mou. (2011). Salicylic acid and its function in plant immunity. Journal Integrative Plant Biology, No. 53 (6), pp. 412-428. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1744-7909.2011.01043.x
10. Durner, J., Shah, J. & Klessig, D.F. (1997). Salicylic acid and disease resistance in plants. Trends in Plant Science, No. 2, pp. 266-274. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1360-1385(97)86349-2
11. Ghaderi, N., Hormohammadi, S. & Javadi, T. (2015). Morpho-physiological responses of strawberry (Fragaria ananassa) to exogenous salicylic acid application under drought stress. Journal of Agricultural Science and Technology, 17, pp. 167-178.
12. Klessig, D.F. & Malamy, J. (1994).The salicylic acid signal in plants. Plant Molecular Biology, No. 26, pp. 1439-1458. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00016484
13. Lee, H., Leon, J. & Raskin, I. (1995). Biosynthesis and metalolism of salicylic acid. Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences USA, No. 92, pp. 4076-4079. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.92.10.4076
14. Mariana Rivas-San, Vicente & Javier, Plasencia. (2011). Salicylic acid beyond defence: its role in plant growth and development. Journal of Experimental Botany, 62 (10), pp. 3321-3338. https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/err031
15. Metraux, J.P. (2001). Systemic acquired resistance and salicylic acid: current state of knowledge. European Journal of Plant Pathology, No. 107, pp. 13-18. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1008763817367
16. Morris, K., Mackerness, S.A.H., Page, T., John, C.F., Murphy, A.M., Carr, J.P. & Buchanan-Wollaston, V. (2000). Salicylic acid has a role in regulating gene expression during leaf senescence. Plant Journal, No. 23, pp. 677-685. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-313x.2000.00836.x