The activity of NADPH-oxidase in corn seedlings root merystem under the herbicide inhibitor of acetyl-CoA-carboxylase haloxyfop-methyl (HF) action was investigated to determine the sources of superoxide anion radical (SAR) formation. It was established that increased activity of NADPH-oxidase observed only at the beginning of the herbicide phytotoxic action development. It is concluded, that besides NADPH-oxidase, there is another source of SAR formation, which determines the prolonged increase in the content of this form of reactive oxygen species from the beginning of herbicide phytotoxic action to moment of the merystem necrosis occurrence.
Keywords: herbicides, haloxyphop-R-methyl, acetyl-CoA-carboxylase, reactive oxygen species, superoxide anion radical, NADPH-oxidase
Full text and supplemented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. Morderer, Ye.Yu., Palanytsya, M.P. & Rodzevich, O.P. (2008).The investigation of free-radical oxidative reactions participation in development of phytotoxic action of graminicides. Fiziol. and biokhim. kult. rastenij, 40, No. 1, pp. 56-62 [in Ukrainian].
2. Palanytsya, M.P., Trach, V.V. & Morderer, Ye.Yu. (2009). The generation or reactive oxygen species under the action of graminicides and modificators of their phytotoxicity. Fiziol. and biokhim. kult. rastenij, 41, No. 4, pp. 328-334 [in Ukrainian].
3. Radchenko, M.P., Sychuk, A.M., Rodzevich, O.P. & Morderer, Ye.Yu. (2013).The increasing of graminicide fenoxaprop-p-ethyl selective phytotoxicity and state of prooxidant-antioxidant balance under the applying in tank mixture with synergistic and antagonistic herbicides. Fiziol. rast. genet., 45, No. 4, pp. 306-312 [in Ukrainian].
4. Banas, A., Johansson, G., Stenlid, G. & Stymne, S. (1993). Free radical scavengers and inhibitors of lipoxygenases as antagonists against the herbicides haloxyfop and alloxydim. Swed. J. Agr. Res., 23, pp. 65-67.
5. Dan Hess, F. (2000). Light-dependent herbicides: an overview. Weed Sci., 48, pp. 160-170. https://doi.org/10.1614/0043-1745(2000)048[0160:LDHAO]2.0.CO;2
6. Delye, C. (2005). Weed resistance to acetyl coenzyme A carboxylase inhibitors: an update. Weed Sci., 53, pp. 728-746. https://doi.org/10.1614/WS-04-203R.1
7. Mittler, R. (2002).Oxidative stress, antioxidants and stress tolerance. Trends Plant Sci., 7, No. 9, pp. 405-410. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1360-1385(02)02312-9
8. Pinton, R., Cakmak, I. & Marschner, H. (1994). Zinc deficiency enhanced NAD(P)H-dependent supperoxide radical production in plasma membrane vesicles isolated from roots of bean plants. J. Exp. Bot., 45, No. 1, pp.45-50. https://doi.org/10.1093/jxb/45.1.45
9. Radchenko, M.P., Sychuk, A.M. & Morderer,Ye.Yu. (2014). Decrease of the herbicide fenoxapropphytotoxicity in the drought condition: the role of antioxidant enzymatic system. J. Plant Protection Res., 54, No. 4, pp. 390-394. https://doi.org/10.2478/jppr-2014-0058
10. Sagi, M. & Fluhr, R. (2006). Production of reactive oxygen species by plant NADPH oxidases. Plant Physiol., 141, pp. 336-340. https://doi.org/10.1104/pp.106.078089