The results of the study of harmfulness of volatile smut pathogen on productivity of winter wheat cultivars are presented. It was found that infected plants reduced the number of grains per ear, grain weight per ear, weight of 1000 grains, vigor, laboratory germination, the number of productive shoots and yield compared with the control. Four winter wheat cultivars resistant to the pathogen with high levels of economic traits were selected.
Keywords: Ustilago tritici (Pers.) Jens, black (volatile) smut, winter wheat, resistance, disease, cultivar, damage, harmfulness, infectious background
Full text and supplemented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. Bublik, L. & Vasechko, G. (2011). Various diseases of cereals: well-studied and little-known. Zerno i khlib, No. 1, pp. 62-64 [in Ukrainian].
2. Bublik, L.I., Vasechko, G.I., Vasiliev, V.P. & Lisovyj, M.P. (Ed.). (1999). Plant protection guide. Kyiv: Urozhai [in Ukrainian].
3. Dospekhov, B. A. (1985). Methods of field experiment (with the basics of statistical processing of research results. (5nd ed., rev.). Moscow: Agropromizdat [in Russian].
4. Jevtushenko, M.D., Lisovyj, M.P., Panteljejev, V.K., Sljusarenko, O.M. & Lisovyj, M.P. (Ed.). (2004). Immunity of plants. Kyiv: Kolobig [in Ukrainian].
5. Karatygin, I.V. (1986). Causative agents of smut cereals. Leningrad: Science [in Russian].
6. Complex sector program "Development of grain production in Ukraine till 2015". (2007). Kyiv: MinAPP of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
7. Krivchenko, V.I., Myagkova, D.V., Zhukova, A.E. & Khokhlova, A.P. (1986). Studying of headstarts of cereal crops: Methodical instructions [in Ukrainian].
8. Krivchenko, V.I., Myagkova, D.V., Schelko, L.G. & Timoshenko, Z.V. (1978). The study of the stability of grain crops and the racial composition of causative agents of smut diseases. Leningrad [in Russian].
9. Krivchenko, V.I. (1960). A device for the infection of wheat and barley smut. Selektsiya i semenovodstvo, No. 3, pp. 66-67 [in Ukrainian].
10. Krivchenko, V.I. (1984). Resistance of cereals to causative agents of smut diseases. Moscow: Kolos [in Russian].
11. Kuznetsova, I. (2008). What is the role assigned to Ukraine in world production and export of grain? Zerno i khlib, No. 2, pp. 3-6 [in Ukrainian].
12. Tkachyk, S.O. (Ed.). (2014). Method of carrying out phytopathological researches for artificial infestation of plants. Kyiv: TOV Nilan-LTD [in Ukrainian].
13. National standard of Ukraine. Seeds of agricultural crops. Methods for determining quality (2002). Kyiv: Derzhspozhyvstandart of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
14. Kyrychenka, V.V. & Petrenkovoi, V.P. (Eds.). (2012). Basis of selection of field crops for resistance to harmful organisms. Kharkiv: Institute of Plant Cultivation to them. V.Ya. Yuryeva NAAS of Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
15. Peresypkin, V.F. (1981). Atlas of diseases of field crops. Kyiv: Urozhai [in Ukrainian].
16. Radchenko, E.E. (Ed.), Krivchenko, V.I. & Solodukhina, O.V. (2008). Studying the genetic resources of grain crops on resistance to harmful organisms. Metodicheskoye posobiye. Moscow: Kolos [in Russian].
17. Trybel, S.O. (Ed.), Hetman, M.V., Stryhun, O.O., Kovalyshyna, H.M. & Andriushchenko, A.V. (2010). Methodology of assessment of resistance of wheat varieties against pests and pathogens. Kyiv: Kolobih [in Ukrainian].
18. Tymchenko, V.F. (1976). Wheat resistance to loose smut. Moscow [in Russian].
19. Chmyr, S.M. (2007). Strategy of development of grain economy. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky, No. 9, pp. 63-65 [in Ukrainian].
20. Chulkina, V.A., Toropova, E.Yu. & Pavlova, O.I. (2008). Modern environmental bases of integrated plant protection. Zashchita i karantin rasteniy, No. 9, pp. 18-21 [in Russian].
21. Yarinchin, A.M. (2009). Stability of winter wheat. Karantin i zakhist roslin, No. 4, pp. 13-15 [in Ukrainian].