The influence of 0,005 % gibberellin and retardants 0,025 % tebuconazole (EW-250), 0,1 % esphone (2-HEFK) on the growth process, morphogenesis, formation of leaf mesostructure, accumulation and redistribution of assimilates and elements of mineral nutrition between plant organs in different phases of the development of gooseberry cv. Mashen’ka were investigated. Field experiments were carried out in 2015—2017. It was established that the application of gibberellin and retardants optimized leaf mesostructure, increased leaf thickness due to increase in palisade parenchyma volume. The use of tebuconazole and gibberellic acid result in formation of more potent chlorenchyma. There was a decrease in the content of chlorophylls in the leaves when using gibberellin and esfon compared with the control. Under the action of the preparations there was more intensive accumulation of non-structural carbohydrates (sugars + starch) and nutrient elements in the vegetative organs of the plants at the early stages of development and a more intense reduction of their content from the flowering phase to the phase of fruits full maturity. In the variant with tebuconazole, the content of non-structural carbohydrates in leaves was higher than in other variants, namely in the phases of fruits formation and full ripeness. This revealed intensive remobilization of these substances for the needs of carpogenesis. The content of non-structural carbohydrates and their sum in stems was close to the content of these substances in leaves. Under application of the preparations, the accumulation of total nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium in the leaves and annual stalks of the gooseberry at the early stages of plant development was observed and their content decreased from the flowering to the fruits full maturity stage. The consequence of such restructuring of source-sink relations was the increase in culture productivity. The most effective was the use of a triazole derivative tebuconazole.
Keywords: Grossularia reclinat (L.) Mill, gooseberry, gibberellins, retardants, photosynthetic apparatus, source-sink relations, productivity
Full text and suplimented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. Yu, S.M., Lo, Sh.F. & Ho, T.D. (2015). Source-sink communication: regulated by hormone, nutrient, and stress cross-signaling. Trends in Plant Science, 20(12), pp. 844-857. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tplants.2015.10.009
2. Bonelli, L.E., Monzon, J.P., Cerrudo, A., Rizzalli, R.H. & Andrade, F.H. (2016). Maize grain yield components and source-sink relationship as affected by the delay in sowing date. Field Crops Research, 198, pp. 215-225. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fcr.2016.09.003
3. Kuryata, V.G., Poprotska, I.V. & Rogach, T.I. (2017). The impact of growth stimulators and retardants on the utilization of reserve lipids by sunflower seedlings. Regulatory mechanisms in biosystems, 8 (3), pp. 317-322. https://doi.org/10.15421/021750
4. Poprotska, I.V. & Kuryata, V.G. (2017). Features of gas exchange and use of reserve substances in pumpkin seedlings in conditions of skoto- and photomorphogenesis under the influence of gibberellin and chlormequat-chloride. Regulatory mechanisms in biosystems, 8 (1), pp. 71-76. https://doi.org/10.15421/021713
5. Kiriziy, D.A., Stasyk, O.O., Pryadkina, G.A. & Shadchyna, T.M. (2014). Photosynthesis. Vol. 2. Assimilation of CO2 and mechanisms of its regulation. Logos: Kiev [in Russian].
6. Kasem, M.M. & Abd El-Baset, M.M. (2015). Studing the influence of some growth retardants as a chemical mower on ryegrass (Lolium perenne L.). Journal of Plant Sciences, 3(5), pp. 255-258. http://dx.doi.org/10.11648/j.jps.20150305.12
7. Carvalho, M.E.A., Castro, C.P.R., Castro, F.M.V. & Mendes, A.C.C. (2016). Are plant growth retardants a strategy to decrease lodging and increase yield of sunflower. Comunicata Scientiae, 7 (1), pp. 154-164. http://dx.doi.org.vlib.interchange.at/ 10.14295/CS.v7i1.1286 https://doi.org/10.14295/cs.v7i1.1286
8. Koutroubas, S.D. & Damalas, C.A. (2016). Morpho-physiological responses of sunflower to foliar applications of chlormequat chloride (CCC). Bioscience Journal, 32 (6), pp. 1493-1501. http://dx.doi.org/10.14393/BJ-v32n6a2016-33007. https://doi.org/10.14393/BJ-v32n6a2016-33007
9. Yan, Y., Wan, Y., Liu, W., Wang, X., Yong, T. & Yang, W. (2015). Influence of seed treatment with uniconazole powder on soybean growth, photosynthesis, dry matter accumulation after flowering and yield in relay strip intercropping system. Plant Production Science, 18 (3), pp. 295-301. https://doi.org/10.1626/pps.18.295
10. Yan, W., Yanhong, Y., Wenyu, Y., Taiwen, Y., Weiguo, L. & Wang, X. (2013). Responses of root growth and nitrogen transfer metabolism to uniconazole, a growth retardant, during the seedling stage of soybean under relay strip. Communications in Soil Science and Plant Analysis Intercropping System, 44 (22), pp. 3267-3280. https://doi.org/10.1080/00103624.2013.840838
11. Wang, Y., Gu, W., Xie, T., Li, L., Sun, Y., Zhang, H., Li, J. & Wei, S. (2016). Mixed compound of DCPTA and CCC increases maize yield by improving plant morphology and upregulating photosynthetic capacity and antioxidants. PLoS ONE, 11 (2): e0149404. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0149404
12. Rademacher, W. (2016). Chemical regulators of gibberellin status and their application in plant production. Annual Plant Reviews, 49, pp. 359-403. https://doi.org/10.1002/9781119210436.ch12
13. Sang-Kuk, K. & Hak-Yoon, K. (2014). Effects of Gibberellin Biosynthetic Inhibitors on Oil, Secoisolaresonolodiglucoside, Seed Yield and Endogenous Gibberellin Content in Flax. Korean Journal of Plant Resources, 27(3), pp. 229-235. https://doi.org/10.7732/kjpr.2014.27.3.229
14. Altintas, S. (2011). Effects of chlormequat chloride and different rates of prohexadione-calcium on seedling growth, flowering, fruit development and yield of tomato. African Journal of Biotechnology, 10 (75), pp. 17160-17169. https://doi.org/10.5897/AJB11.2706
15. Yang, L., Yang, D., Yan, X., Cui, L., Wang, Z. & Yuan, H. (2016). The role of gibberellins in improving the resistance of tebuconazole-coated maize seeds to chilling stress by microencapsulation. Scientific Reports, 60, pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1038/srep35447
16. Rogach, V.V., Poprotska, I.V. & Kuryata, V.G. (2016). Effect of gibberellin and retardants on morphogenesis, photosynthetic apparatus and productivity of the potato. Visn. Dnipropetr. Univ. Ser. Biol. Ekol., 24 (2), pp. 416-419 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15421/011656
17. Espindula, M.C., Rocha, V.S., Souza, L.T., Souza, M.A. & Grossi, M.A.S. (2010). Effect of growth regulators on wheat stem elongation. Acta Scientiarum. Agronomy, 32 (10), pp. 109-111. https://doi.org/10.4025/actasciagron.v32i1.943
18. Kumar, S., Sreenivas, G., Satyanarayana, J. & Guha, A. (2012). Paclobutrazol treatment as a potential strategy for higher seed and oil yield in field-grown Camelina sativa L. Crantz. BSK Research Notes, 5 (1), pp. 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1186/1756-0500-5-137
19. Kuryata, V.G. & Kravets, O.O. (2018). Features of morphogenesis, accumulation and redistribution of assimilate and nitrogen containing compounds in tomatoes under retardants treatment. Ukrainian Journal of Ecology, 8 (1), pp. 356-362. https://doi.org/10.15421/2018_222
20. Zhang, W., Xu, F., Hua, C. & Cheng, S. (2013). Effect of chlorocholine chloride on chlorophyll, photosynthesis, soluble sugar and flavonoids of Ginkgo biloba. Not. Bot. Horti. Agrobo, 41 (1), pp. 97-103. https://doi.org/10.15835/nbha4118294
21. Rogach, V.V, Kravets, O.O, Buina, O.I & Kuryata, V.G (2018). Dynamic of accumulation and redistribution of various carbohydrate forms and nitrogen in organs of tomatoes under treatment with retardants. Regulatory Mechanisms in Biosystems, 9 (2), pp. 293-299 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.15421/021843
22. Kuryata, V.G. & Khodanitska, O.O. (2018). Features of anatomical structure, formation and functioning of leaf apparatus and productivity of linseed under chlormequatchloride treatment. Ukrainian Journal of Ecology, 8 (1), pp. 918-926. https://doi.org/10.15421/2018_294
23. Kuryata, V.G. & Polyvanyi, S.V. (2018). Formation and functioning of source-sink relation system of oil poppy plants under treptolem treatment towards crop productivity Ukrainian journal of ecology, 8 (1), pp. 11-20. https://doi.org/10.15421/2018_182
24. Kuryata, V.G. (2009). Retardants - modificators of plants hormonal status. Fiziologija roslyn: problemy ta perspektyvy rozvytku. T.1. Kyiv: Logos [in Ukrainian].
25. Nikolenko, V.V. & Kotov, S.F. (2010). Method of determination of leafe area of strawberry ornamental varieties. Optimization and Protection of Ecosystems. Simferopol: TNU, 2, pp. 99-105 [in Russian].
26. AOAC (2010). Official methods of analysis of association of analytical chemist international 18th ed. Rev. 3.2010. Asso. of Analytical Chemist. Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA.
27. Kuryata, V.G. & Golunova, L.A. (2018). Peculiarities of the formation and functioning of soybean-rhizobial complexes and the productivity of soybean culture under the influence of retardant of paclobutrazol. Ukrainian Journal of Ecology, 8 (3), pp. 98-105.