Fertile intergeneric hybrids of Agropyron cristatum L. with Lolium perenne L. have been created and gene sources of high productivity have been identified. The multilocus DNA marking of Agarwood (Agropyron cristatum L.) using RAPD and ISSR primers allowed to differentiate all the investigated genotypes, to develop and compile unique profiles for each of them. The genetic passports for the samples studied have been compiled on the base of multilocus RAPD/ISSR spectra.
Keywords: Agropyron cristatum L., Lolium perenne L., intergeneric hybrids, pro-postgamous compatibility, RAPD-PCR and ISSR-PCR analysis, molecular genetic certification
Full text and supplemented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. International union for the protection of new varieties of plants (2015). Geneva [in Russian].
2. Metodical instructions for the selection of perennial grasses (1985). Moscow [in Russian].
3. Smurygan, M.A., Novoselova, A.S. & Konstantinova, A.M. (2006). Methodical instructions on the selection of perennial grasses. Moscow [in Russian].
4. Guadanuolo, R., Savova-Bianchi, D. & Felber, F. (2001). Gene flow from wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) to jointed goatgrass (Aegilops cylindrica Host.), as revealed by RAPD and microsatellite markers. Theor. and Appl. Genet., 103, pp. 1-8. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001220100636
5. Carvalho, A., Matos, M., Lima-Brito, J., Guedes-Pinto, H. & Benito, C. (2005). DNA fingerprint of F1 interspecific hybrids from the Triticeae tribe using ISSRs. Euphytica, 143, pp. 93-99. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10681-005-2839-x
6. Paдakinskiene, I., Griffiths, C.M., Bettany, A.J.E., Paplauskiene, V. & Humphreus, M.W. (2000). Anchored simple-sequence repeats as primers to generate species specific DNA markers in Lolium and Festuca grasses. Theor. and Appl. Genet., 199, pp. 384-390. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001220050050
7. Arghavani, A., Asgharu, A., Shokrpour, M. & Chmanabad, M. (2010). Genetic diversity in ecotypes of two Agropyron specied using RAPD markers. Res. J. of Environmental Sci., 4, No. 1, pp. 50-56. https://doi.org/10.3923/rjes.2010.50.56
8. Prevost, A. & Wilkinson, M.J. (1999). A new system of comparing PCR primers applied to ISSR fingerprinting of potato cultivars. Theor. and Appl. Genet., 98, pp. 107-112. https://doi.org/10.1007/s001220051046