The photosynthetic pigments content in the cotyledon leaves of 2 green samples of oil flax and their mutants with different types of chorophyll deficiency was studied at the germination stage. It was found that both green samples of flax differed in the content of chlorophylls a, b and carotenoids. In mutants with chlorophyll deficiency of different types, the content and ratio of the main photosynthetic pigments (chlorophylls a, b) are determined by the type of mutation and do not depend on the year conditions. The xantha mutant showed a significant increase in chlorophyll a content and a decrease in chlorophyll b compared to the initial variety. The mutant xantha-viridis differs from the green sample by a significant decrease in the chlorophyll b content. The least differences from the control green plants were observed in mutants with chlorophyll deficiency of the viridis type.
Keywords: Linum humile Mill., flax, cotyledon leaves, chlorophyll deficiency, photosynthetic pigments
Full text and supplemented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. Berestyanaya, A. N. (2012). Dynamics of chlorophyll concentration in ontogenesis of Linum usitatissimum cotyledon leaves exposed to UV-B irradiation. Dopov. Nac. akad. nauk Ukr., No. 12, pp. 137-141 [in Russian].
2. Dashton, Yu.V. (2009). Metameric features of mesophyll development and pigment content in leaf plastids of wheat (Unpublished candidate thesis). Saratovskiy gosudarstvennyy universitet im. N.G. Chernyshevskogo. Saratov, Russia [in Russian].
3. Lyakh, V.A., Polyakova, I.A. & Soroka, A.I. (2009). Induced Mutagenesis of Oilseeds. Zaporozhye: Izd-vo Zaporozhskogo nats. un-ta.
4. Lyakh, V.A. & Soroka, A.I. (2008). Botanical and cytogenetic features of species of the genus Linum and biotechnological ways of working with them. Zaporozhye: Izd-vo Zaporozhskogo nats. un-ta.
5. Pausheva, Z.P. (1988). Workshop on plant cytology. M.: Agropromizdat.
7. Polyakova, I.A., Onufriyeva, N.V. & Lyakh, V.A. (2007). Peculiarities of changes in the pigment complex in chlorophyll mutants of oil flax at the early stages of ontogeny. Fiziologiya i biokhimiya kult. rastenii, 39, No. 6, pp. 531-537 [in Russian].
8. Popova, G.A. (2005) Comparative study of subspecies of Linum usitatissimum L. in the conditions of Western Siberia. (Unpublished candidate thesis). Gosudarstvennoye nauchnoye uchrezhdeniye Tomskaya gosudarstvennaya selskokhozyaystvennaya opytnaya stantsiya SO RASKhN. Tomsk, Russia [in Russian].
9. Rakhimov, M.M. (2016). Physiological and biochemical parameters in wheat genotypes depending on natural and climatic zones of germination. (Unpublished candidate thesis). Institut botaniki, fiziologii i genetiki rasteniy Akademii nauk Respubliki Tadzhikistan, Dushanbe, Respublika Tadzhikistan [in Russian].
10. Chekalin, E.I., Amelin, A.V. & Kondykov, I.V. (2010). The content of pigments in leaves and stipules in different in the degree of domestication varieties of pisum arvense. Vestnik Orlovskogo gosudarstvennogo agrarnogo un-ta, 24, No. 3, pp. 2-4 [in Russian].
11. Yarantseva, V.V. & Lyakh, V.O. (2013). The stste of the plastid apparatus as indicator of the productivity level in oil flax plantus. Acta Carpathica, Rzeszow: Mitel, No. 1, pp. 43-48 [in Ukrainian].