Analysis of breeding process of hexaploid triticale on productivity and improved quality of grain by the method of intraspecific hybridization using system ecological tests in contrasting conditions have been made. The results of breeding (1980—2017) of complex and valuable winter and winter-spring triticale varieties by the method of intraspecific hybridization of forms of various types of development using system ecological tests in contrasting conditions (Forest steppe—hot-dry Steppe) are presented. Use in selection of hexaploid triticales of intraspecific hybridization of forms with contrast type of development and gluten quality in interzonal tests of populations, lines and varieties provided the creation of winter and winter-spring triticale with high baking properties. Medium-stalk varieties Raritet, Amos, Nicanor, and low-stalk varieties Timothy, Рudik and Yelan are characterized by a potential yield of 9.5—12.5 t/ha, complex immunity to major diseases, bread volume without enhancers 650—800 ml with a general baking grade 9.0 points.
Keywords: hexaploid triticale, intraspecific hybridization, multilinear varieties, baking properties
Full text and supplemented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. Leonov, O. Yu., Panchenko, I. A., Sklyarevs'kyy, K. M., Rosankevich, O. M., Buriak, L. I. & Poluhina A. V. (2011). Methodical recommendations for the evaluation of the quality of grain of breeding material. Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
2. Proceedings from '17: Mizhnarodnoyi naukovo-praktychnoyi konferentsiyi Trytykale —kul'tura XXI storichchya — Abstracts of the International Scientific and Practical Conference Tritikale — culture of the XXI century. Kharkiv: TOV Nilan LTD [in Ukrainian].
3.Grabovets, A.I. (Eds.). (2010). Triticale. - Materials Int. n.-pr. Conf. The role of triticale in stabilizing and increasing the production of grain and feed. Rostov-na-Donu [in Russian].
4. Shevchenko, V. Ye. & Pshenichnyy, A. Ye. (1976). The quality of the grain of the perspective triticale Amphidiploid 206 in the conditions of the South-East of the Central Peninsula. Tritikale. Problemy i perspektivy, 12, No. 1, pp. 70-77. Kamennaya Step': Sb. nauch. rabot NIISKH TSCHP im. Dokuchayeva, V. V. [in Russian].
5. Shchipak, H. V. (1998). Results of selection of triticale hand pairs. Selektsiya i nasinnytstvo, 81, pp. 38-45. Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
7. Shchipak, G. V., Tsupko, Yu. V. & Shchipak, V. G. (2013). Bakery qualities of varieties of winter hexaploid triticale. Doklady RASKHN — Reports of the Russian Academy of Agricultural Sciences, 1, pp. 3-7 [in Russian]. https://doi.org/10.3103/S1068367413020183
9. Shchypak, H. V., Suvorova, K. Yu., Panchenko, I. A. & Chernobab, R. A. (2009). A method for the creation of winter triticale varieties with improved technological quality indicators of grain. Patent N 44901; Applicant and Owner: Institute of Plant Breeding them. Yuriev V. Ya. UAAN (UA), N u200901832 [in Ukrainian].
10. Wos', H. & Brzezinski, W. (2015). Triticale for Food — The Quality Driver. In ed. F. Eudes. Triticale. Springer International Publishing Switzerland (pp. 213—232).