The mixograph analysis of flour dough of 12 winter triticale varieties and accessions grown in the Central region of Belarus in 2013—2014 was carried out. Seeds of winter and spring wheat and winter rye were used for comparison. Baking absorption and the dynamics of dough viscosity at different temperature regimes were evaluated. Correlational relationships between physico-chemical properties and mixograph parameters of winter triticale and winter wheat flour were studied.
Keywords: Triticosecale Wittm. & A. Camus, physico-chemical properties of flour, mixograph analysis of dough, correlation dependencies
Full text and suplimented materialsFree full text: PDF
1. Ermakov, A.Y., Arasimovich, V.V. & Yarosh, N.P. (Eds.). (1987). Methods of biochemical research of plants. Leningrad: Agropromizdat [in Russian].
2. Zhigunov, D.A., Voloshenko, O.S., Broslavtseva, I.V. & Pleve, A.A. (2013). Determination of the rheological characteristics of the dough on the device "Mixolab" from flour from various systems of the technological process. Hleboproduktyi, No. 2, pp. 50-54 [in Russian].
3. Kasyanova, L.A. & Urbanchyk, E.N. (2008). Improving the efficiency of the use of grain triticale for food purposes. Minsk: ITS Beloruskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [in Russian].
4. Urbanchyk, E.N. (2002). Improvement of technology and the use of flour from triticale grain grown in the Republic of Belarus: Unpublished or Candidate thesis, Mogilev [in Russian].
5. GOST R 50817-95. Stern, feed, feed raw materials. Method for the determination of crude protein, crude fiber, crude fat and moisture using spectroscopy in the near infrared region [in Russian].
6. GOST R 54498-2011. Grain and flour from bread wheat. Determination of water absorption and rheological properties of dough using mixalab [in Russian].
7. Bartolozzo, J., Borneo, R. & Aguirre, A. (2016). Effect of triticale-based edible coating on muffin quality maintenance during storage. Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization, 10 (1), pp. 88-95. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11694-015-9280-1
8. Dennet, A.L., Cooper, K.V. & Trethowan, R.M. (2013) The genotypic and phenotypic interaction of wheat and rye storage proteins in primary triticale. Euphytica, 194, pp. 235-242. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10681-013-0950-y
9. Gudmundsson, M. (1994). Retrogradation of starch and role of its components. Thermochimica Acta, No. 246, pp. 329-341. https://doi.org/10.1016/0040-6031(94)80100-2
10. Gustafcon, J.P., Bushuk, W. & Dera, A.R. (Eds). (1991). Triticale: production and utilization Handbook of cereal science and technology, pp. 373-399.
11. Leon, A.E., Rubiolo, A. & Anon, M.C. (1996). Use of triticale flours in cookies: quality factors. Cereal Chemistry, 73 (6), pp. 779-784.
12. Linnemann, A.R. & Dijkstra, D.S. (2002). Toward sustainable production of protein-rich foods: appraisal of eight crops for Western Europe. I. Analysis of the primary links of the production chain. Crit. Rev. in Food Sci. and Nutrition., 42 (4), pp. 377-401. https://doi.org/10.1080/20024091054193
13. Makowska, A., Szwengiel, A., Kubiak, P. & Tomaszewska-Gras, J. (2014). Characteristics and structure of starch isolated from triticale. Starch., No. 66, pp. 895-902. https://doi.org/10.1002/star.201300264
14. Pattison, A.L., Appelbee, M. & Trethowan, R.M. (2014). Characteristics of modern triticale quality: glutenin and secalin subunit composition and mixograph properties. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 62 (21), pp. 4924-4931. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf405138w
15. Roccia, P., Moiraghi, M., Ribotta, P.D. & Perez, G.T. (2006). Use of solvent retention capacity profile to predict the quality of triticale flours. Cereal Chemistry, 83 (3), pp. 243-249. https://doi.org/10.1094/CC-83-0243
16. Rosell, C.M., Collar, C. & Haros, M. (2007). Assessment of hydrocolloid effects on the thermo-mechanical properties of wheat using the Mixolab. Food Hydrocolloids, No. 21, pp. 452-462. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodhyd.2006.05.004
17. Seguchi, M., Ishihara, C., Yoshino, Y., Nakatsuka, K. & Yoshihira, T. (1999). Breadmaking properties of triticale flour with wheat flour and relationship to amylase activity. Journal of Food Sciences, 64 (4), pp. 582-586. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1999.tb15089.x
18. Tsen, C.C., Hoover, W.J. & Farrell, E.P. (1973). Baking quality of triticale flour. Cereal Chemistry, 50 (1), pp. 16-26.
19. Unrau, A.M. & Jenkins, B.C. (1964). Investigations on synthetic cereal species. Milling, baking, and some compositional characteristics of some triticale and parental species. Cereal Chemistry, 41 (3), pp. 365-375.